Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Old Tech



Saturdays you'll often find me tooling around town in my old van (it has 235,500 miles on it) visiting garage sales. I have always loved garage sales and love finding bargains and treasures.

Just last Saturday, I snagged a little something I've always thought was cool. It's practically an antique now. It's a great example of how technology has changed.

The man who sold it to me for $2.00 was quite elderly. He asked if I knew what I had in my hand. I did, because my dad used one every day as part of his profession. In fact, when I called Dad to tell him about my find, he asked if I got the brand K&E - you can see its logo on the case. He laughed and told me he still has his full-size and his pocket-sized at home. Can't bear to give them up. Of course, he had to be taught how to use it in his college classes.

Anyone know what it is or what it's used for? Anyone ever actually used one? When my parents come to visit in October, I'm going to have Dad show my son Robin how to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment